As the parent company, Sund & Bælt Holding A/S is responsible for the general administration of the wholly-owned subsidiaries, A/S Storebælt, A/S Øresund, Sund & Bælt Partner A/S and Femern Bælt A/S.
Sund & Bælt also acts as the operating company for A/S Storebælt and A/S Øresund with administrative responsibility for both subsidiaries. The financial management of A/S Storebælt and A/S Øresund is handled jointly with Øresundsbro Konsortiet.
Sund & Bælt is tasked with:
- Operating and maintaining the road link across Storebælt
- Collecting payment from motorists using the Storebælt bridge
- Operating and maintaining Storebælt's rail link
- Operating and maintaining the port facilities at Odden, Ebeltoft, Spodsbjerg and Taars
- Maintaining the Øresund motorway
- Collecting fees from Banedanmark (Rail Net Denmark) for user rights to the Øresund line on Amager and for the rail link across Storebælt
- Overseeing the part ownership of Øresundsbro Konsortiet
- Managing and making provision for the repayment of A/S Storebælt's and A/S Øresund's debt portfolios
- Providing client consultancy for major, primarily international, infrastruture projects on commercial terms
- Assisting the Danish Ministry of Transport in preparing the basis for the final decision regarding the establishment of a fixed link across Fehmarnbelt.